The Leather Sack of the Universe

What? It's a Terry Pratchett thing.

Monday, March 12, 2007

I have come to the conclusion that any parent whose child is less than 6 months old should get a pass on "springing forward." It's insult enough to have to start a 10 hour long workday after getting only four hours of sleep, but to try to do it when your body knows good and well that it is an earlier than the clock says it is is just cruel. Think how much more productive we'd be with an extra hour of sleep...

Someday I will get more than four and a half hours of sleep a night. I know it's possible, because I did it on Thursday. I mean that I'll get more than four and a half hours of sleep a night on a regular basis. I'm not quite sure that I'll know what to do with myself if I'm not spending half of the day yawning. It's not that Noah is a bad baby- far from it. He's usually very sweet and goes right back to sleep after nursing at night. It's just that his stomach is a bit too small to keep him from starving half to death if he doesn't fill it every few hours.

Good thing he's so cute.

We had a traumatic experience last night at Kmart. I just needed to run in for a few things and he was being a little fussy. I attributed it to being tired until he started screaming. I unclipped him from his car seat and noticed that he was, to put it politely, very dirty. He hates that, so I thought that was why he was screaming- until I got him changed and he started screaming even more loudly. He was shaking and red and I was rocking him and trying to be soothing as I'm freaking out because he sounds like he's in some excruciating pain. It took probably five minutes to get him chilled out, but it felt like forever. Kyle came and met me in the store and took over pushing him around in the stroller while I tried to keep from feeling sick. He was so pitiful, and I just could not figure out what was making him upset. Talk about feeling helpless.

At any rate, we both survived, he even snuggled a little bit before dropping off to sleep. I'd rather not repeat that anytime soon.

I'd better run- must get to work and get things taken care of for the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home