The Leather Sack of the Universe

What? It's a Terry Pratchett thing.

Monday, April 28, 2008

My husband made a funny this weekend while we were working our second official job. One of the other guys that we work with and his wife were at the chapel between weddings and they bought their five month old with them. I was making a complete goose of myself, making funny faces and talking (although I don't do the baby talk thing. Just never could get around to saying "What a cute widdle fing you are!") when they asked when I was going to have another one.

That's kind of a delicate subject at the present moment, what with us finally deciding that we are ready for another munchkin but the whole economy messing with us along with other life things. We had been hoping to start working on our next addition this September so that our next one would conveniently arrive during summer break, but since I'm on a job hunt it looks like that is being pushed back by at least a year. Silly not wanting to be one of those people who gets hired just to go, "Oh, by the way, I'm about to start my second trimester. How much maternity leave do I get again?"

So I gave my standard response, which is that my uterus would like one now, but I'm not listening to it at present. I'm sticking my fingers in my ears and going "La la la la la la!"

Kyle was walking by as I answered. He piped up without missing a beat, "The problem is she put it on vibrate."
Ha!
So for now until things are settled, and for a while afterwards, we will be saved from having to balance taking care of a toddler and a newborn at the same time. Just to give all of you who happen to be reading a bit of flashback, this is how far Noah's come in 16 short months....

I'd never seen this picture before but found it in some of Kyle's things. This is from the night Noah was born. Look at the hair! Look at the lips! Look at the cuteness!

To this! His baby face is going away and he has the most gorgeous smile. I am completely, totally, head-over-heels in love with this guy. Who could resist that face? And those sweet chocolate brown eyes?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home