The Leather Sack of the Universe

What? It's a Terry Pratchett thing.

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I found the perfect car for me.

I want it more than is entirely reasonable. It is a car that calls out to me to be named, and its siren song has made me call my husband three times in the last ten minutes to tell him about different features that this temptress of a car has.

And I am such a mom now. Is it a a cute little sporty car? Noooooooo. It's a 1998 Volvo Station Wagon. It's black. It has a tan leather interior. It's only got 74K miles on it. I drive 100+ miles a day for work and school, and as a result the 2006 vehicle that I've had for two years has 71K miles on it. And I bet the Volvo has cruise control. My car (yes, that I drive for 100+ miles a day. That one.) does not have cruise control.

It's $4000. If I could get rid of my car today and get this thing, I would. I e-mailed my Mom to ask her if I told Santa I was very, very, very good this year she thought that I could convince him to give me this car for Christmas. I wouldn't mind going to many malls and talking to Santa many times. You know, kinda be like the woman in the Bible that just kept nagging and nagging until she finally got what she wanted? I could nag Santa.

I just think that if I'm going to be spending more than two hours a day in a car, I should do it in one that supports me with leather-covered comfort, a vrooooomy engine, and cruise control. Oooooh, I wonder if it has the heated seats. Must check on heated seats.

So, if anyone knows a good way to get in touch with Santa, let me know. Because I have been pretty darn good, and a little spoiling never hurt anybody. Just ask Noah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home