The Leather Sack of the Universe

What? It's a Terry Pratchett thing.

Monday, November 13, 2006

It's a countdown to Abigail week. Babies are like gases- they expand to take up all availible space...in the minds of their parents and grandparents and relatives, and in the house. They have loot. An insane amount, if you consider that what you really need is probably pretty much limited to clothes, diapers, wipes, and something to feed the munchkin with. Although mothers of colicky children would probably add "Something that will get them to sleep" to the list.

Ash is being induced Thursday if she hasn't delivered by then, so there's a definite deadline. Ash has spent her last weekend in the kingdom of non-external mommydom. She's excited/nervous/scared. Who wouldn't be a bit nervous? Personally, I'm hoping that I'll get to spend enough time holding Abbey that I'll be over my irrational fear of babies by the time Noah makes an appearance.

Babies are floppy! They can't talk! And wet ones are slippery!

I've been told that all mothers go through a period of "Holy cow. They're sending me home with THAT?" It seems like if we have screening programs and require licenses for things that there should be a little more to getting to take home a baby than, "Yep. This is the one that you popped out. Good luck!" Then they give you a freebie basket with a lot of advertising and a couple of diapers and you're out.

We're at t-minus 46 days with Noah unless he decides to come before the induction. I'm kinda hoping that he does. I'm also hoping that he assumes the launch position without me having to be mauled by the doctor. Apparently, Cahill-Parker hybrids take the stubborness from both sides of the family, so here he is, weeks after he should have flipped...with his head stuck snugly under my ribs.

Ow.

So. Yes. It is a week of arrivals. Abigail will be here by Thursday night, Karissa will be home for Thanksgiving either Thursday or Friday, and my brain may be returning at some point. Not holding my breath so much.

Keep Ash and Brad in your prayers (and whoever may need to catch Brad in Labor and Delivery), and I'll have someone computer literate show me how to post pictures of the little angel after she gets here.

Be well!

1 Comments:

  • At 12:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I am sooooooo excited! I can't wait to see you guys!!! Yay for babies!!!! I miss ya'll soo much I'll be getting in sometime friday assuming I dont get lost. I only have a week... Fun timeS!!! can't wait!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home