The Leather Sack of the Universe

What? It's a Terry Pratchett thing.

Friday, September 22, 2006

First thing- how did I have to go through four bajillion names to get one? Seriously. Someone already had SpaceChicken. Crazy.

Mostly, I'm starting this so that I can have a blog. And post to Todd. Someday I may do this for real, since Kyle and I want to share the glory that is Noah.

Eh, what the heck. I can write something.

Kyle is good. Noah is good. I am good. The dogs are escape artists, the youth group has skewed geek (whoooooo!), and we are in the middle of trying to find time to fix up our house in between the insanity that is youth ministry in the fall.

I wish I could say something profound about how amazing it is to be pregnant. The week we thought something might be wrong with Noah was probably the most tense week I've had since we lost Dad. Getting to spend 45 minutes watching the little man on a big plasma screen, watching as he sucked his thumb, rested his head on his arms, smiled for the camera- that was incredible. Watching my belly move as he does gymnastics every night- also amazing. A few nights ago, he punched me and I went to poke him back....and felt his hand. This tiny, tiny little hand.

So, he's not here yet but he's already held his Mommy's hand. I kinda like that.

The most amazing thing? How we can love someone this much without ever seeing them. I'm scared out of my mind and worry about everything, but still can't wait for him to get here.

Everything is different. I look different, I feel different, our focus is different...

Church is different. Work is different. I'm even trying to go back to school this fall- and that is WAY different.

Anyway. This is just a ramble. Maybe we'll put some pictures of Noah (and my ever-expanding belly) up one of these days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home